background

Thursday, August 16, 2012

BIG NEWS!!!

All this hard work is paying off!!!! Not only am I down 77 lbs now (3 more until my next goal guys!), after 15 years, yes, 15 I am no longer diabetic!!!! WOO-HOO! Happy dance!
77 lbs, 23 more to go to main goal!!
The bummer is I still have to take the metformin meds, and, probably forever because I've always been hypoglycemic, aka pre-diabetic (or so I'm told). The metformin will help keep my sugar from getting too low, not just too high. 
On other news, in spite of quitting a jar a  week peanut butter habit, giving up croissants, & walking 2 miles a day, my cholesterol is up. Apparently this runs in my family. Luckily it's not bad enough to need meds, just monitoring. And, so maybe they didn't decrease the diabetes meds like I was hoping, but at least they didn't add any more on to my already giant list!


No comments:

Post a Comment