background

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Humira

Do you ever wonder if a new medication is helping? Sometimes it's difficult to tell. Recently I started taking Humira. I haven't noticed a difference yet, but then again I didn't notice a difference with the methotrexate until I stopped taking it. Maybe the benefit is gradual so you don't really notice it. I am hoping it will help with my hands. The psoriatic arthritis makes them extremely painful at times. I would like to go back to work part time but it's difficult to find a job these days that doesn't require a lot of fine motor manipulation, including typing. At home I can use a talk to text program. Dragon Naturally Speaking is a really wonderful program if you haven't tried one and have problems with your hands.
I have to say the Humira shot hurts like crazy, but I haven't noticed any side effects. Typical side effects can include bacterial infection, sinus infection, fever, rash, nausea, stomach cramps, and more. For a more complete list google "Humira side effects".

update... I gave myself a typing test to see how my hands would hold up. Painful so the Humira isn't helping yet. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment