background

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Vi Magazine Debut & AWESOME Shakes

Last night was the biggest magazine debut party ever. Body by Vi (Visalus) will grace the cover of Success Magazine in August. I can't wait to get my copy!
I decided to "woman-up" and attend my local party, alone (social anxiety be damned!). A storm raged outside as the presentation got started, the restaurant's guests speaking loud to hear each other over the storm drown out the presentation for most of the Vi crowd, luckily I had chosen to sit close to the front. I heard some amazing success stories! People came from as far away as Los Angeles. Many people think Visalus is for weight loss, and yes, you can lose weight with Visalus, but that is not the only reason why people drink the shakes or use the Body by Vi system. For instance, the stunt man & his girlfriend from LA are extremely fit, they use the nutrition shakes to keep that way and to build muscle, same with Hulk Hogan, Lil' Romeo, and more.
I have made Chocolate Peanut Butter Shakes of course, in fact that is what got me addicted to the Visalus shakes to begin with.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake


8 oz. chocolate almond milk
2 scoops Vi Shape Shake mix
1 scoop PB2 powder (use your Vi shake mix scoop)
Ice to the thickness you like

But last night I was able to try a few flavors I hadn't yet. When your shake mix arrives you will find it comes with flavor packets. I had used the banana one before, but I prefer a whole banana & a tbsp of sugar free pudding mix. The woman sitting next to me last night told me her favorite flavor mix in is the peach. Peaches are probably one of the two fruits I'm not big on, so I haven't had that one.
The first shake I tried at the debut / challenge party last night was made with the chocolate flavor mix in. I have to tell you it tasted like cold hot cocoa. I loved it! One of my new favorite flavors! Also, the chocolate almond milk has some sugar in it, so if you use the unsweetened almond milk (what I usually use in all my non chocolate shakes), and a little splenda or other sweetener, you will have cocoa flavor too!

Chocolate "Cocoa" (with health flavor mix-in) Vi Shake


8 oz plain almond milk (if you use the unsweetened you may want to add sweetener to your taste)
2 scoops Vi Shape Shake mix
1 packet chocolate flavor mix in
Ice to the thickness you like

The second flavor I tested was pina colada, oh yeah! The pina colada was truly awesome. In fact, the next time I have the girls over for "girls night" I may have to make us a batch of Vi pina coladas (with rum tho!).

Vi Virgin Pina Colada

8 oz plain almond milk
2 tbsp sugar free, fat free vanilla pudding mix
2 scoops Vi Shape Shake mix
5 large chunks of frozen pineapple
coconut to taste
Ice to the thickness you like

I hope you enjoy these new recipes, I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment